10 Ways to Improve Your Day
- Smile at everyone you meet.
- Write down at least two things that you are grateful for today.
- Do something physical. (Get rid of the excuses. My friend who works out regularly will be running three miles, while my aunt who has had a stroke, will be sitting in a chair doing her foot exercises. One is not more difficult than the other. They both will be pushing themselves. What can you do?)
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do something nice for someone else each day. (This does not have to be time-consuming. Sometimes it does not take a whole lot of effort to improve someone else’s day.)
- Plan something that you will look forward to doing. (An evening walk, a dinner out, a vacation.)
- Set and accomplish a goal. (Yes, accomplishing this list definitely counts.)
- When you become upset or frustrated, remember that whatever it is that is bothering you may not matter next year or even next month. (this is how I pick my battles. If it’s something that won’t matter in a week if I let it go… then I will)
- Pray (When you have a problem, you’d be amazed how much better you feel after talking it over with the boss)
- Take at least fifteen minutes out of the day to do something that you find relaxing. (Observing nature, talking a walk, meditating, taking a warm bath, listening to music….)
- Let go of bitterness today and let life in. (This is a hard one. Try to be positive and be thankful for what you have instead of looking at others and being angry for what you don’t have)
Some of this was reblogged from Kristin Barton Cuthriell